Small Business SEO to Dominate Your Zip Code
Want to dominate your zip code? Video education is the best kept secret in all of the small business SEO – search engine optimization – industry. We have all heard the statistics that 100 hours are being uploaded per minute on Youtube. That’s an amazing volume of video to consume. How then can a small business owner compete with such competition? I mean, how could anyone possibly get more eyes on your video than the latest Fancy Cat, Instant Karma, or the latest Justin Bieber video? The good news is that you don’t need to. Let me explain.
First of all, what I mean by video education is not even like the udemy or Lynda teaching sites. Those sites are good for what they do, but this is not like that. The education I am referring to is simple: get in front of a camera and spend 2-5 minutes explaining one small part of your business. Let’s be real, our attention span is very low, especially since we are being bombarded hourly with videos, podcasts, blogs, ads, and entertainment. But with short videos about one small topic, most people will be able to manage that.
What’s the point?
What you lack in length, you make up for in quantity. If you created 25 simple videos about 2-5 minutes in length, each one pointing to your website or with your brand and phone number plastered throughout, do you think people searching for your product or service would think you’re an authority in your industry? Absolutely. People would not only buy from you but you’d end up being a local celebrity. If you’ve ever met someone you’ve seen on television, you’ll know what I mean.
Excuse: But I don’t want to give away the farm.
When I suggest that people use videos to promote their business, people think that if they tell everyone about their business, then those potential customers won’t buy from them. The reality is the exact opposite from that. A scant few will window-shop and move on, but most people will not want to deal with the hassles and hoops of your industry. Again, you are the authority, and people will respect that. The rare exception to that is that of doctors, web designers, and SEO experts. With the internet, people think they can self-diagnose their bodies and their websites, so why pay those people all that money? I digress.
Examples please. Why certainly.
Let’s say you are a law firm specializing in DUIs. What kinds of videos should you produce?
- Will this be on my record permanently?
- What’s the difference between DWI and DUI?
- What is a bailbondsman and how can he help?
- Do I have to spend time in jail?
- Do I have to take a breathalyzer test when told to by a police officer?
- What are my alternatives in a DUI case?
- What is bail?
- Will this get into the press?
- What if I skip bail?
- What is the process from getting booked and getting out?
- Are breathalyzers admissible in court?
- Can a police officer pull me over if he suspects I’ve been drinking?
- Is it really true that I only get one phone call?
- How much will it cost approximately to get me out?
These are the types of question you should answer in one video for each question. Now, are you giving away the farm? Absolutely. But do you really think a DUI suspect will want to go through the entire process without legal representation? Only the foolish would.
After They Factor In All the Work They Would Have to Do, You’ll Be Hired
What would the format be?
- You introduce the question via text on the screen.
- Look straight into the camera and provide a concise answer to that question only.
- Write a 200-400 word description about the topic (maybe even a transcript of what you just said on camera)
- Include one link to your site or to a social media site.
- Make sure you have a great title that contains your primary key phrase.
- Publish to your newly created Youtube channel.
Do you see how easy and powerful this method is? Again, these videos can apply to any industry, service, or product. Doing small business SEO this way gives you a distinct advantage over those who are buying links and trying to boost their rankings.
Become the authority the easy way.